Nabeel’s worked at scrappy small scale, in hyper-growth mode, and at large public company scale several times over the last couple decades as a CEO, COO, and head of product. He now spends time at Spark Capital partnering with ambitious founders.
- Discuss the scary things first.
- Use visuals where you can to indicate good, bad, meh.
- Time scale your goals and performance: what needs to get done by next quarter, next year, by next fundraise.
- Aim to present things that are border-line controversial: If everyone is agreeing with you, you’re doing something wrong.
- Use OKRs as a mechanism of review to answer “why” goals are being met or missed. Always pose the question to yourself – are we moving too fast or too slow?